Thank you for your interest in join Cub Scout Pack 374!
If you are interested in joining Cub Pack 374, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact any of our Pack Leaders, especially the Den Leaders for your Scout's grade level. Guests are always welcome at our monthly Pack Meetings, so come by and meet us.
New Youth Members
Ready to join? Here's what to do:
1. Register with the BSA Online: Go to my.souting.org to apply now
2. Write a check for your Membership Dues
- Dues are $97 for the school year, August - July.
- If you applied online, you have already paid the BSA portion of your dues.
- Dues include Boys Life subscription and Scout-o-Rama card in the Spring
- Make checks payable to "Pack 374".
3. Drop off your forms to us!
4. See the Getting Started section below
We require ALL our parents to be involved with our Pack!
We are a volunteer-run organization, and we can only provide a good program when we have active parents. Furthermore, every year we lose leaders as scouts age out of the Pack. We are always in need of Den Leaders and Committee Members, but if leadership isn't your thing, there are plenty of volunteer opportunities at Pack and Den events throughout the year.
Most parents do not need to register with the BSA, but all our Den Leaders and Committee Members do. If you are joining in one of these official roles, you will need to:
1. Register with the BSA Online
3. Earn your Youth Protection Training Certificate
- Go to my.scouting.org
- Create an account or login to your existing account
- Click on "Home" and then "My Dashboard"
- Select the "Take Course" arrow to the right of "Youth Protection Training"
- Send us the PDF certificate you receive at the end
- You will get your Scout ID after your application is processed.
- All your online training will be reflected back to our unit records once your accounts are set.
New to the Pack? Welcome!
Joining a Cub Scout Pack for the first time can be overwhelming, especially for the parents. Let's try to make this easy for you.
Where your annual dues go
We try to keep our Pack dues reasonable, and we rely heavily on popcorn sales in the Fall to help fund our scout activities and awards throughout the year.
We collect dues in the Fall (or when a new scout joins) "for the school year." Technically you are paying to register your scout with the BSA for the following calendar year. We formalize our roster for the next year and "recharter" our Pack with our local BSA council beginning in October.
Here is a breakdown:
- $33 - National BSA
- $12 - Boys Life subscription
- $9 - Council insurance
- $10 - Scout-o-Rama ticket
- $24 - Den dues go directly for den activities
- The rest ($9) is applied toward the cost of awards
Handbooks and Uniforms
You will need to make a trip to the Scout Shop, or head over to scoutstuff.org to pick up your Class A uniform and handbook. You will need:
- The Handbook for your current rank
- Uniform Shirt and Pants *
- Kinders wear the Lion shirt.
- 1st - 3rd graders wear the blue shirts and pants. Buy a shirt large enough to last until 4th grade.
- 4th - 5th graders transition to Boy Scout beige shirts and olive pants.
- A hat for your current rank
- A neckerchief and slide for your current rank
- A Cub Scout Belt
- (recommended) Uniform socks
- (optional) Badge Magic for applying patches to the uniform (recommended if you don't like sewing)
*Official uniform pants tend to run large and long; it is okay to substitute similar dark blue or olive pants.
The Pack will provide all the patches you need. No need to buy them.
You can find guides for placing patches and looking your best in uniform here:
The Scout Shop
The Scout Shop is in downtown San Jose, roughly behind the Shark Tank / SAP Pavillion:
Monday-Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm, Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm
We rely heavily on our online resources for pack and den communications, and for tracking Scout advancement. You should become familiar with: